About the fund
*** APPLICATION GUIDANCE ***
If you are considering using AI to write your scholarship application, please review the guidance found here.
Learning changes lives and we would like to help.
Angus Energy plc has established a yearly scholarship fund of £10,000 per year to support students from Bognor Regis and the surrounding community to undertake further academic studies beyond secondary school.
Whatever you are hoping to study, Level 3 or above, from NVQs to your Doctorate you can apply for a scholarship which could pay you up to £10,000 towards your costs. The number and value of scholarships awarded from the fund will vary each year.
Our first employee, Bruce Watt, passed away at the age of 46, leaving a family and two young children. The scholarship fund, has been named in his memory. Bruce’s daughter Emily said – “My Dad really valued education, both for the betterment of self and for the future. He loved taking opportunities and worked hard to help others. He would be pleased to know that people are being given the chance to follow their dreams.”
Previous winners: hear what our previous winners have to say about this opportunity
“The Bruce Watt Memorial scholarship was not one I felt particularly motivated to apply for, having just experienced a mental health crisis, followed by the announcement of a global lockdown. However, thanks to my English teacher’s encouragement, I did, and as a result am now confident in saying that being awarded the scholarship has truly transformed my first year university experience and enabled me to reach my full potential academically, studying a course I am fascinated by daily, at a university I adore!” – Kamila
“The Bruce Watt Memorial Scholarship was invaluable to me in allowing me to continue my studies. The trustees were extremely generous in their contribution and all correspondence was timely, friendly and informative. I am confident without their support I would not be in the position I am in now in being able to pursue my dream career.” Adam
Who is eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Attending a full time, course of study at an accredited UK Institution of Further or Higher Education in the 2023/24 academic year – Level 3 or above.
- Be under 25 years of age
- If you are applying for a scholarship at university level, you must have achieved BBB or above in your A-levels (or equivalent) or for postgraduate students 2:2 or above – proof of this will be required.
- Have attended secondary school and/or currently reside in one of the following towns within a five mile radius of Lidsey:
- Bognor Regis
- South Mundham
- Applications will open June 1st 2023
- Applications close August 25th 2023
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by September 1st 2023
- Shortlisted candidates will have 7 days to submit supporting evidence
- Winners announced September 15th 2023
This fund is only available to people in the categories listed below. Please do not apply if you are not in one of these.