On the 5th of May we hosted our weekly briefing, and this time with a very special guest, Susan Mueller, HE director at Stand Alone joined us to talk about their work on supporting estranged students and care leavers through the covid-19 pandemic.
The session was packed with information, but if you re interested in the key insights, here’s the summary:
- Estranged students are facing additional challenges because of the pandemic.
- Student Finance applications for estranged students are still being processed.
- There are multiple avenues of support (Charities , Universities, UCAS, OFS)
- The independent team at SLC – estrangement assessors are currently accepting unsigned form, as long as they came from a @ac.uk address.
- Channel 4 Documentary: Student care leavers face isolation
- OFS website for supporting estranged students
- UCAS Going it Alone site
- Stand Alone Briefing Presentation
For more information from this session, you will find the full presentation here.